Roger P. Conroy Receives Auditor of State Award
Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Belmont County, Ohio – A recent financial audit by the Auditor of State’s office for the year ending December 31, 2017 has returned a clean audit report. Belmont County Auditor, Roger P. Conroy and his staff have earned the Auditor of State Award for excellence in financial reporting.
“As Auditor of Belmont County, I am honored to accept this award on behalf of the county and numerous employees who have contributed to the compilation of this report.”
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weakness, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
Posted in News.